Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As the new Senior Accountant on our finance team you will be a fundamental member of the GL accounting operations team. We support the company's international reporting and month-end close accounting operations.
We are looking for a senior accountant who will perform a variety of functions within the Accounting department to support the reporting and compliance for current international operations and future global expansion.
You will handle statutory audit requirements for all international entities in accordance with company policies, as well as supporting the global close process. You will apply your knowledge to a high-tech company with operations in North America, Asia and Europe.
- Ownership of reporting for 11 international entities, setting up remarkable international reporting processes, ensuring all legal and regulatory filings are prepared and filed within timelines
- You will lead and own the statutory audits of 11 entities across several locations, including audit planning, execution of audit work, financial statement preparation/review
- You will develop a close partnership with the Tax and Corporate Regulatory Government teams, building out best in class inter-company agreements
- Research and interpret new accounting pronouncements in local jurisdictions, in order to assist management in evaluating financial impact and consulting on the accounting treatment e.g. revenue recognition, leasing, equity and income tax
- You will support global quarterly close process by preparing quarterly flux analysis and assist in preparation of quarterly financial reports
- You will own the international reporting budget, finding opportunities to streamline audit approach and gain efficiencies to reduce audit timelines and costs.
- 5-7 years experience in accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm; Industry experience at a credible tech company is a plus
- CAI/ACCA qualified (or similar)
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and strong analytical skills to look after complex transactions
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Detail-oriented with extraordinary interpersonal skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Bachelor with a major in finance or accounting or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in E.U
Back to top