Security Data Scientist
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for making sure all our products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about security and will work hand-in-hand with engineers to detect and mitigate any malicious activity on Dropbox.
- You will perform data analysis and investigations of account security, product abuse, and other security issues
- You will design algorithms and rulesets for malicious activity detection
- You will build machine learning models for abuse prevention systems
- You will monitor product abuse metrics and alerts, contribute to improving them
- You will understand abuse mechanisms throughout the product. Assist other teams with using abuse prevention tools
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is required for this role
- Interest/passion for security work
- Strong data analysis skills, capable of writing complex SQL/Hive queries
- Machine learning skills, capable of training and evaluating machine learning models
- Basic programming skills (understand python code and make minimal changes)
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top