The Design Research team helps Dropbox see the world from other people’s perspectives. We employ a variety of methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make better decisions for our users.
We find that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions, so we work on interdisciplinary design teams. As a research manager you’ll work across several product teams, partnering with designers, PMs, and other functions across the organization to articulate and execute the research roadmap.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research needs
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Communicate research schedule, results, and recommendations
- Integrate data sources to craft strong, strategic recommendations
- Manage, motivate, and develop a small team of user researchers
- Advise researchers on a range of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Adapt research team process and practices to the growing needs of the organization
- 5+ years of UX-related work experience
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development process
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Business, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar)
Back to top