Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers' journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
Part of Dropbox Customer Experience, our Global Support team is responsible for defining and delivering a world-class support experience to our customers and users. We are responsible for responding to customer product inquiries and technical support issues via phone, email and chat. Our operation is 24x7 so the role can include shift work, working weekends and holidays.
In this role, you will be responsible for making sure that each of our customers has an awesome experience while interacting with both us and our products. The right individual will be passionate about delighting our customers through each and every contact. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Achieve expert working knowledge of our products
- Troubleshoot reported bugs, and clearly document customer feature requests
- Identify and document the reason the customer contacted us and advise on any forming trends that may impact the larger customer base
- Deliver initial contact technical support as well as escalated support for Dropbox product based issues via phone, email and chat
- Troubleshoot customer's issues and provide customized recommendations and solutions to enable frictionless customer engagement with the product
- Document customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development
- Communicate complex technical information in user-friendly ways to both technical and non-technical customers
- Communicate customer reported issues internally and triage them to the correct team
- Adhere to and exceed set KPI targets and complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Previous experience working with and troubleshooting software at a Tier 2 level
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and an ability to convey complex technical information in user-friendly ways
- You have a knowledge of, or experience with, troubleshooting desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows, macOS
- You have the ability to quickly develop an understanding of customers' objectives through effective listening and questioning skills and provide a customized solution
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - you love asking those open ended questions to really get to the root of the matter!
- You excel at working in an ambiguous and changing environment as the business grows and evolves
- You show real passion for and love Dropbox software and for creating extraordinary customer experiences!
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve
- You have good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data