Product Manager - Retrieval
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there's a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
People increasingly rely on Dropbox to get work done, and they value powerful and intuitive ways to find the information they need among all their documents, photos, files and more. Think through how you get that information today, how you even search for it, or navigate to it. What if you forgot what it was called, or where it lived, or maybe you don't even know it exists? You might spend a huge amount of time organizing your information in order to make it possible to find things in the future. In the moment when you need an answer, with or without that time invested up front, you end up asking someone, digging through folders and documents, searching your email, searching through various chat and note taking apps, or worse, rifling through physical notes and documents. Now imagine a world where we organize your information for you, answer your questions directly or even predict what you are looking for, based on your previous activity, your tasks, your calendar, your patterns, the people you work with, your habits, the knowledge of your team, etc. Think about how that would work, what the experience could look like. How magical can we make it?
You and the Retrieval team will be focused on making that happen. This new team is uniquely positioned and empowered to make a large impact on our users and on Dropbox.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Work closely with product marketing, customer success, and users to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- BS or MS in computer science or similar experience as a Software Engineer, Designer or startup Founder
- 3+ years as a Product Manager
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Search, Machine Learning experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top