Product Evangelist Engineer
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
ITS delivers business technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We aspire to be the connective tissue to the core business of Dropbox as a partner of choice that accelerates and simplifies outcomes. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
This product management / technical engineer hybrid role will own the highly strategic "Dropbox-on-Dropbox" initiative at Dropbox. This means demonstrating to the world how Dropbox (the company) uses its own products internally. The goal is to demonstrate to other enterprise customers how best to deploy, manage, and adopt the Dropbox family of products.
We seek candidates with product management experience who can gather requirements, groom the backlog of deployment requests, and articulate best practices to customers in a professional manner. Yet we require someone with some degree of technical aptitude; someone who understands software as a service, APIs, security basics, and application integration.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to test new, impactful features and successfully deploy to internal users at Dropbox
- Evangelise and educate Dropboxers on usage of internal products
- Own the overall Dropbox experience and effectively leverage metrics to understand usage behaviors identifying areas for further integration and net new capabilities that will further increase collaboration and efficiency for Dropboxers
- Become the user journey ambassador by partnering with internal teams and stakeholders to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications.
- Work with marketing and communications partners to syndicate internally-generated content (whitepapers, best practices, etc) to external channels such as blogs, LinkedIn, and so forth.
- Be an internal ambassador for new features and best practices across the company
- 10+ years of related work experience in fast-paced technology environments
- 5-7+ years or more working with Enterprise SaaS tools
- Ability to define success metrics, and analyze data to track progress towards goals
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Product management familiarity; specifically requirements gathering, feature prioritization, and road mapping.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Successfully led internal Product releases, build release lifecycle etc..
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working with distributed teams and stakeholders across varying geographies
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or similar work experience
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top