Product Designer, Visual Specialist
We are a newly formed team, devoted to creating a product that enables other designers at Dropbox to achieve consistent, high-quality experiences. The Design Systems Team designs, builds, and maintains UI components for the Product Design team. We also create the tools that document visual systems and design components in order to enable more effective design communication.
We are looking for a designer who is a true visual craftsperson. You will set the bar for visual quality and rigor in our products. This requires incredibly high standards, and a relentless pursuit to elevate your own work, and the work of the Product Design team at large. You should be passionate about scaling design systems and know how to strike a balance between being rigid, in order to uphold the value of the system, and flexible to continuously evolve.
- Be a standard bearer for restraint, focus and good taste - set the standard for visual quality and rigor in our design system
- Develop new scalable components for our design system
- Facilitate contributions by other designers to the design system
- Review and visually refactor earlier pages with the design system
- Build an icon library — Meticulous and tasteful icon design that is reasoned and extendable.
- Share a portfolio that demonstrates distinguished visual design — Solve complex visual problems by rigorously refining compositions to a simple solution.
- Passionate about building scalable design systems — Demonstrate that you can rationalize complex products into consistent abstracted components that can work at scale.
- Ability to socialize and show pragmatism - Be able to collaborate with other designers and resolve visual conflicts when facilitating their contributions to the system.
- Big plus if you’re technical — You’re familiar with the technologies required to create component frameworks. Bonus points if you’re savvy in HTML/CSS.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top