Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
The New York City office is a small, growing, and talented team that works on impactful projects essential to Dropbox’s success. As an early member of the Dropbox NYC Design team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical product experiences while shaping the direction of the team and the office.
Your role and impact
We're seeking a driven Product Designer to refine Dropbox’s simplicity and apply it to new, amazing, and appealing user experiences. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences.
Dropbox's New York office is filled with all the tools you need, and we're looking for you to join an awesome and delightful team.
- You’re actively involved in defining product strategy and work with your team to define and execute on both long and short-term goals.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled. You create a collaborative environment and work seamlessly with your engineering, product, writing, and research partners.
- You conceptualize and design thoughtful user experiences for web, mobile, and desktop experiences.
- You love to learn new things and thrive off short feedback loops just as much as you love to dive into the nitty gritty details.
- It’s second nature for you to collaborate with teammates in San Francisco just as you would in your home office in New York.
- 4+ years of experience in product design, user experience, or designing for digital platforms
- You see the big picture and know how to get there. You can help the team define a vision and build towards that vision in measurable increments.
- You're experienced in product development. You know when to make tradeoffs and when to push.
- Your design process is validation driven and uses business and customer insights to find the right solution.
- You have experience designing elegant cross-platform digital experiences and understand how to apply both form and function within them while maintaining simplicity.
- You thrive in a transparent and iterative design culture that shares early and often and you can communicate the thinking behind your work with designers and non-designers alike.
- You read everything and will paste an html heart character before your first name on the next page.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top