Product Design Lead
Our Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people’s lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative design process.
At its core, design is a method of problem solving — a way to solve problems for people or help them accomplish their goals. The Team Lead solves problems with elements ranging from people, relationships, resources, and company goals. The Design Lead operates within the constraints of viability, feasibility, and desirability — through the lens of thoughtful, human-centered design. As a team lead you own a significant product effort, and ensure design priorities are aligned with our users and company goals.
You will drive product design
- You'll lead the product design process for your team — from problem definition to technical execution.
- Push products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users.
You will lead a product design team
- You will be hands-on with designers to ensure that the product direction of the project is sound, and balances the right tradeoff between speed and quality.
- Mentor team members: you'll enable and empower a team of designers to do their best work
- Recruit world class talent: you'll attract and hire the best design talent
You will represent design cross-functionally
- You'll collaborate with product and engineering counterparts to ensure projects are well-defined, high-impact, and possible to successfully execute on.
- Work closely with all design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products.
- Experience leading a design team
- Experience using a user-centered approach to designing software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience shipping high quality products that people love
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited Dropbox space for life
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401K + company match
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top