Product Analyst, Application Platform
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
As the Product Analyst for our Application Platform team, you will be responsible for end-to-end work on desktop, mobile, and web, including analysis informing Dropbox's long-term platform strategy, our release processes and quality bar for performance, and impact sizing for outages and bugs. Platform decisions can have material user impact, and your work will enable data-driven decision-making for engineering, product, and design teams shipping products across all of Dropbox's platforms. The Application Platform team is dedicated to making Dropbox engineering, product, and design more effective and productive by making it easier, faster and safer to ship quality experiences to hundreds of millions of users, and deliver on Dropbox's commitment to creating delightful cross-platform experiences worldwide.
Product Analytics uses data to help make better decisions about our products.
- Working with EPD to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Creating simple, trustworthy data pipelines and automated reporting to surface key metrics
- Identifying, translating, prioritizing, and informing important product questions with data
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Setting up, analyzing, and promoting best practices for multivariate experiments
- Synthesizing and communicating insights during the product development process
- Empowering and teaching others to work effectively and efficiently with data
- Building a data-informed and data-inspired culture at Dropbox
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields preferred
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis for a technology company
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- You are a self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- You work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top