Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
The Product Analytics team is focused on using data to help make better decisions about our products. Data is a critical part of our product development process, and Product Analysts are their chief advocates. We are responsible for ensuring that data is dependable and correct, finding insights from the data, and making an impact through data-informed decisions. We work across the entire product development timeline, from early data explorations about user behavior to multivariate experiments and optimizations on mature products.
Your role and impact
We are looking for Product Analysts who can jump in and make an impact quickly. Product Analysts can expect to set up and analyze A/B tests for new experimental features, generate and size opportunities to prioritize features, and define key performance metrics for the team. As this small team continues to grow there's also an opportunity to help shape and guide its expansion through mentorship and advocacy across the company. We hope you'll join us!
- Working with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging and metrics
- Crafting simple, dependable data pipelines and automated reporting to surface metrics
- Identifying, translating, prioritizing, and informing important product questions with data
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Setting up, analyzing, and promoting good practices for multivariate experiments
- Synthesizing and communicating insights during the product development process
- Empowering and guiding others to work effectively and efficiently with data are part of your role
- Working towards creating a data-informed culture at Dropbox
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis for a technology company
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- You are a self-starter: You drive projects with minimal guidance and focus on high impact work
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- You are a critical thinker: You are thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- You work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Ruchi broadens the Dropbox infrastructure by directing an Engineering Team that builds cutting-edge services, keeping users coming back for more. She also brainstorms products that benefit users.
Back to top