Network Reliability Engineer - Production
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Your role and impact
Our Tech Operations team crafts the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
As a part of Network Reliability Engineering, you will be responsible for building, operating, and writing tools for the production network. In this role, you will benefit from close collaboration with engineering and serving teams.
- You will keep the AS19679 production network running with an emphasis on scale and automation
- Build software and systems to handle and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
- Work cross-functionally with serving, engineering, and development teams to maintain a highly available, highly performant infrastructure
- You will participate in periodic on-call rotation
- This position will require less than 20% travel
- You have a BA/BS degree in a relevant engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- You hold 1-3 years of experience building, deploying, and operating production-facing networks
- Hands-on experience with Linux systems and programming, CLI, shells, daemons, and processes
- Working knowledge with protocols, such as BGP, ISIS, IPv6, SNMP, NetFlow, etc.
- Familiarity with network hardware & operating systems, such as Juniper, Cisco, Arista, etc.
- You have experience with QOS, MPLS, and DWDM [is a plus]
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top