Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff-now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
Our tech operations team creates the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
Dropbox is looking for a network engineer! Come help us build a bigger and better Dropbox. You'll be part of a small team that has a huge impact on the world.
- You will keep the production network (AS19679) running and scalable
- You will work with our SRE and Development teams to build and operate a highly available, high-performance infrastructure
- You will design and build tools to manage the network and datacenter infrastructure
- You will interact with external parties to negotiate peering, procure and evaluate hardware, and grow our infrastructure
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
- Extensive familiarity with Cisco and Juniper hardware/software
- Extensive experience with data centers and best practices
- Extensive experience managing very large-scale, public-facing websites
- Understanding of all the infrastructure pieces and protocols needed to make big sites go
- Extensive knowledge of OSPF, BGP, IPv6
- Able to capacity-plan and forecast
- Knowledge of MPLS, QOS, ISIS, DWDM a plus
- Coding skills
- This position will require some travel
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top