Mobile Software Engineer (iOS) - Location Flexible
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If "Location Flexible" is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business. Some roles (including those which do not have "Location Flexible" in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our Mobile team builds products and features that drive the core experience on the Dropbox mobile application. We enable users to easily manage their content, collaborate with their peers and work effortlessly with others. This position will play a key role in building and supporting mobile features. In this role there will be opportunity to work across different development stacks and influence product decisions.
- Build intuitive features to improve the experience for mobile users.
- Improve the mobile codebase by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary.
- Work with your team to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and other groups to design thoughtful new features.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing on iOS
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant complexity
- A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional group
Back to top