Mobile Software Engineer (Android)
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Sharing Mobile team builds products and features that drive the collaboration and sharing experience on the Dropbox mobile application. We enable users to easily share their content and work effortlessly with others. This position will play a key role in building and supporting features on the Dropbox mobile application. Moreover, the Sharing Mobile team is tightly integrated with web and desktop engineers to ensure the user experience across different platforms is seamless and consistent. In this role there will be opportunity to work across different development stacks and influence product decisions.
- Build features to enhance and improve the collaboration and sharing experience for users on the Dropbox mobile application.
- Improve the mobile codebase by working on foundational issues and helping to rearchitect, as necessary.
- Work with other engineers to promote best practices and ensure a high quality bar is maintained.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and other cross-functional groups to design new features.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing for Android
- Experience working in large code bases with significant complexity
- A passion for building consumer applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional groups
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top