Machine Learning PhD Internship (Summer 2020)
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
New graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, crafting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you will have the responsibility and the support necessary to make a difference on a massive scale.
As a member of Dropbox's Machine Learning group, you would develop high impact solutions that affect millions of people and a lot of data. From images to documents in every language, the Dropbox ML team delivers solutions using the full range of ML techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. You could be developing algorithms that run on mobile devices or ones requiring large clusters on our infrastructure.
Dropbox is looking for Machine Learning interns who are pursuing a PhD with an academic or practical background in ML. Ideally, you'd have experience in natural language understanding, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, or deep learning.
Please include your expected graduation date on your resume.
This role can be located in our San Francisco, New York or Seattle offices.
As an intern on our ML team:
- You'll work to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems.
- You'll build delightful products and experiences for millions, working alongside a multi-functional team spanning Engineering, Product, and Design.
- You'll apply your expertise in your area of research to practical problems faced by Dropbox.
- You'll help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Dropbox.
- In-progress PhD in ML or related field (e.g. NLP, information retrieval, computer vision), with a graduation date not earlier than December 2019.
- You have publications in top-tier conferences or journals in your field.
- You have proven software engineering skills, including experience with Python or C++.
- Experience with machine learning software packages (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Torch, etc.).
- Experience building machine learning or AI systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, learning from semi-structured data, active learning, ML software systems, ML on mobile devices.
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research, and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we'd love to learn more about you.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top