Machine Learning PhD Internship - Summer 2018
Dropbox's Machine Learning (ML) group develops high impact solutions that touch millions of people and lots of data. From images to documents in every language, the Dropbox ML team delivers solutions using a full range of ML techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. While some of our algorithms run on mobile devices, others require large clusters on our infrastructure.
We are looking for Machine Learning interns pursuing a PhD with an academic or practical background in machine learning, ideally with experience in natural language understanding, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, or deep learning.
Please include your expected graduation date on your resume.
- You will work to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems.
- You will build delightful products and experiences for millions, working alongside a cross-functional team spanning Engineering, Product and Design.
- You will apply your expertise in your area of research to practical problems faced by Dropbox.
- You are pursuing a PhD in machine learning or a related field (e.g. NLP, information retrieval, computer vision), with expected graduation date by the end of 2019.
- You have publications in top-tier conferences or journals in your field.
- You have solid software engineering skills, including experience with Python or C++.
- You have experience with machine learning software packages (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch)
- You have experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, speech processing, learning from semistructured data, reinforcement or active learning, ML software systems, ML on mobile devices.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top