Machine Learning PhD Intern (Summer 2019)
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
New graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you'll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
Interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, crafting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you'll have the responsibility and the support necessary to make a difference on a massive scale.
As a member of Dropbox's Machine Learning group, you'd develop high impact solutions that affect millions of people and a lot of data. From images to documents in every language, we deliver solutions using the full range of ML techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. You could be developing algorithms that run on mobile devices or ones requiring large clusters on our infrastructure.
Dropbox is looking for Machine Learning interns who are pursuing a PhD with an academic or practical background in ML. Ideally, you'd have experience in natural language understanding, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, or deep learning.
Please include your expected graduation date on your resume.
This is for our San Francisco, CA, office location only.
As an intern on our ML team:
- You'll work to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems.
- You'll build delightful products and experiences for millions, working alongside a multi-functional team spanning Engineering, Product, and Design.
- You'll apply your expertise in your area of research to practical problems faced by Dropbox.
- You'll help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Dropbox.
- In-progress PhD in ML or related field (e.g. NLP, information retrieval, computer vision), with a graduation date not earlier than December 2019.
- You have publications in top-tier conferences or journals in your field.
- You have proven software engineering skills, including experience with Python or C++.
- Experience with machine learning software packages (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Torch, etc.).
- Experience building machine learning or AI systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, learning from semi-structured data, active learning, ML software systems, ML on mobile devices.
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research, and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we'd love to learn more about you.
Back to top