Machine Learning Engineer PhD (Seattle) University Grad (2020)
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox's Machine Learning group develops high impact solutions that touch millions of people and a lot of data. From images to documents in every language, the Dropbox ML team delivers solutions using the full range of Machine Learning techniques from computer vision to supervised learning to deep learning to online learning. While some of our algorithms run on mobile devices, others require large clusters on our infrastructure.
Dropbox is looking for Machine Learning Engineers, who are completing their PhD with an academic or practical background in machine learning, ideally with experience in natural language understanding, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, or deep learning.
- You will work within the Machine Learning Team to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems
- You will build delightful products and experiences for millions, while working alongside an excellent, multi-functional team across Engineering, Product and Design
- You will help craft the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Dropbox
- Pursuing aPhDin Computer Science or related technical field involving Machine Learning, or equivalent technical experience
- Interest in building machine learning or AI systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven software engineering skills across multiple languages including but not limited to Python, C/C++
- Experience with machine learning software packages (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch)
- Expecting your PhD in Computer Science or related field with research in machine learning
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, speech processing, learning from semistructured data, reinforcement or active learning, ML software systems, machine learning on mobile devices
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top