Localization Project Manager
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Localization Project Manager will have immediate impact by being an integral part of the product development process, responsible for the localization pipeline of a set of Dropbox products, features, and campaigns, working directly with teams to ship the best localized experience to users worldwide. Additionally, the Project Manager will own and drive initiatives around localization operations, processes, and systems to help build and support localization at scale.
- You will partner with Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Design to coordinate localization of new product/ feature launches, marketing releases, and new language initiatives
- You will advocate for international users by providing input on design, UX copy and customization, and cultural sensitivity
- You will carry out day-to-day translation projects, coordinating with external translation teams, setting expectations and deadlines, and ensuring timely delivery of projects with high quality
- You will conduct linguistic QA including creating, planning, and executing test plans and owning bug management
- You will lead vendor relationships through answering linguistic queries, providing training, and general troubleshooting
- You will own the roadmap and execution of localization tooling, systems, programs, and operations, and partner with teams to bring ideas to life
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 5+ years Project/Program Management experience (3+ years directly in Localization/Internationalization)
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter with track record of juggling and prioritizing multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to balance multiple cross-functional partners with varying needs of complexity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and flexibility to deal with frequent changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events
- Familiarity with CAT (computer-aided translation) tools and fluency in an additional language is a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top