IT Manager, Risk and Privacy
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Information Technology and Services team empowers people at Dropbox to do their best work. We're a motivated and creative team, and we thrive on helping people. We're dedicated to building scalable technology solutions that have broad impact for our growing teams around the world.
Protecting Dropbox and our ITS infrastructure/environment is critical to being worthy of trust. We're looking for an IT Manager, Risk and Privacy to join the IT Risk and Governance Team within ITS. In this role, you will work closely with: Internal Audit, Data Security, Product & Privacy Counsel, and Engineering teams to help us handle and maintain our compliance posture. You will lead the IT Risk and Privacy Program, development and management of our internal controls within our ITS environment. Finally, you will be involved in multiple risk assessment initiatives to help demonstrate to our users how Dropbox is worthy of trust.
The IT Manager, Risk and Privacy will operate and execute key components of the IT Risk & Governance team responsibilities. Core responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. Legal teams, account teams, other business units) on Privacy requirements, assess compliance gaps and risks as required
- Support business units with remediation activities, as required
- Help build and implement policies, procedures and compliance standards
- Intake projects from the Dropbox Security team, assess, negotiate, confirm the definition of done and include them in the backlogs of multiple ITS teams
- Project/Program manage multiple Security/Privacy-related work streams
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders the progress and impact of the project/programs you will be managing.
- Provide security-related guidance to multiple teams within the ITS organization.
- 7+ years of overall experience in Risk/Security/Privacy
- Solid technical understanding of security and privacy fundamentals
- Solid experience writing policies, procedures, and standards
- Solid experience in managing, interacting and consulting with both business teams and engineers
- Understanding and willingness to learn about diverse business functions
- Real passion for technology and desire to take on complex problems with creative solutions
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and ability to work well in dynamic, team environment
- CISSP, CIPT or other relevant professional certifications/associations, a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top