Internal Communications Manager
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Communications team brings the Dropbox story to life and shares it with the world. From product announcements to user stories to speaking engagements, our work takes many forms and reaches diverse, international audiences. We build compelling narratives to help people connect with our product, brand, and vision.
We're looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join a team of storytellers and communicators collectively responsible for crafting the strategy and execution of how the company tells key stories internally. In this role, you will partner heavily with the Head of Internal Communications to develop messages and programs that inform, engage, and inspire our community of employees. In addition, you will partner closely with cross-functional teams to drive more targeted plans for specific organizations and initiatives, and will act as an advisor to some of our most senior leaders. This is a highly visible role at our newly public company, and one that will enable you to make a tangible impact!
- 5-8 years of work experience and 2+ years of experience in communications/PR, journalism or business
- Confirmed capability to work autonomously and exercise good judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Deep understanding of the role of human communication in achieving business objectives
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Understanding of messaging strategy and brand development within an organization
- Strong collaboration, partnership and project management skills
- Ability to work directly with senior executives and inspire confidence
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor (a bonus!)
- Lead the development of internal communications plans, with a strong focus on driving business alignment and employee engagement programs worldwide
- Be a phenomenal teammate and co-producer of regular All Hands, making sure there's cohesion throughout internal communication efforts
- Drive and assist with employee engagement programs in the US and worldwide, including driving awareness and excitement around key news moments, vision, product strategy, etc.
- Work closely with corporate and executive communications teams to leverage executives in ways that yield the biggest impact internally and externally
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top