Infrastructure Security Engineer
Our Engineering team is crafting a family of products that handle over a billion files a day. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work.
The Infrastructure Security Team is seeking highly talented security engineers to help protect the infrastructure that stores our user data. This critical role requires a deep real passion for building security-at-scale, the ability to synthesize radical solutions, and the aptitude to define new security paradigms that work in a fast-moving engineering culture.
- You will drive security engineering and architecture efforts for our production infrastructure
- Develop methods to security-harden the Dropbox environment without diminishing productivity
- You will build creative tools and services that detect security issues and increase our response capability
- Provide security domain expertise on system, network, encryption, and authentication services
- You will actively audit the infrastructure, identify security problems, and you will prioritize fixes
- You have a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building security in a dynamic, web-scale environment
- You have comprehensive knowledge of multiple OS platforms with strong emphasis on Linux
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, BGP etc.
- You use in-depth knowledge of authentication protocols, applied cryptography, PKI and SSL/TLS
- You have proficiency in at least one programming language (C++, Python, Java, Ruby, etc)
- You hold knowledge of the latest attack trends, tools, and the threat landscape
- Consistent record in which you independently drive security projects in a rapidly-changing environment
- You have excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Back to top