HelloSign Senior UX & Design Researcher
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
If you have a passion for researching and designing intuitive user experiences that make the most daunting of tasks delightful, we want to hear from you! HelloSign is looking for an experienced UX & design researcher to join our Product team. In this role you will collaborate with our Marketing, Product, Design, and Engineering teams to help us achieve our vision to Simplify Work. We're already well-known for a UX that makes getting documents signed incredibly easy. You are committed to helping us maintain this ease of use while our product evolves and innovative new features are added. Since we're a company that truly values research and user experience, this role will have significant impact in crafting the future of the product that our customers love.
- Lead UX & design research across HelloSign brand & products, spanning the entire user journey. We're relying on you to translate user research and business objectives into designs that help our customers get the job done.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partner with product management and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship highly usable product that customers love to use.
- Proactively identify research needs in partnership with marketing and product teams
- Use data to drive our design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature.
- Own and manage the design research process. As a senior member of the team, we're counting on you to establish realistic timelines and complete projects on time.
- Improve and elevate the role of design within the company.
- Adapt research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization
- Design, plan, and resource user research projects
- Communicate research insights in creative and effective ways among stakeholders
- Advocate and guide strategy for design and product direction
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves at work.
You are curious about how people work together and want to empower teams to create, share, and collaborate better together. You believe that research has the greatest impact when tightly coupled with design decisions. You thrive on interdisciplinary design teams and can ask helpful questions and design thoughtful research at all stages of the product lifecycle. You can see the uncertainties that slow teams down and help surface questions people didn't even know they had.
- 5+ years of UX & design research experience with B2B SaaS applications, ideally enterprise
- Proven track record of success in researching and designing engaging products and can showcase your work
- You're analytical by nature and factor both quantitative and qualitative research into design
- Broad experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the design and development process
- Strength in a particular research specialty: prototyping, surveys, statistical modeling, exploratory research, analytics/visualization, etc.
- Demonstrated skills for collaborating closely with designers, product managers, engineers and executives
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- You have great judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer information
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That's why we're dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform - which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions - to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
Our HQ office is located in San Francisco Mission Bay near the UCSF Medical Center and we have a number of team members distributed across the US! Just over 150 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. In 2018, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make
- We're user-focused and product-driven
- We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement
- We're committed to building a product people want
- We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other
- We have a supportive, familial atmosphere
- We work in an open, airy, creative space
- We laugh a lot
- And we'll never forget your birthday!
Back to top