HelloSign Lead Software Engineer, Test
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a Lead Software Engineer, Test you will be a quality champion. You will empower your partner Engineering team at Dropbox to maintain a high level of quality in our products with a large amount of scope and impact within your role. Our approach to Quality Assurance Engineering involves a small, highly talented and leveraged team that focuses on manual testing, end to end testing, test strategy, and process improvements, while working in an embedded manner with cross-functional engineering and product teams.
- Assist with building a quality-driven engineering culture with the objective of shipping HelloSign features rapidly and with good confidence to our customers.
- Own the end-to-end test strategy for HelloSign web and mobile that involves automation and manual testing.
- Help tackle cross-team engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to improve quality.
- Define quality metrics to determine test effectiveness and coverage.
- Mentor other test engineers in quality and automation best practices.
- Be a strong quality advocate for the team and our customers.
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in Quality Engineering for a web-based product.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Self-motivated: We absolutely value self-motivation. This not only helps you grow but helps us grow as well. In other words, we are there to support and encourage you but the true motivation should come from within you.
- Flexibility: Sometimes, you might have to wear multiple hats in a day - from manual testing to helping in regression/sanity testing during releases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile approaches.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That's why we're dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform - which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions - to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
Our HQ office is located in San Francisco Mission Bay near the UCSF Medical Center and we have a number of team members distributed across the US! Just over 150 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. In 2018, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make
- We're user-focused and product-driven
- We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement
- We're committed to building a product people want
- We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other
- We have a supportive, familial atmosphere
- We work in an open, airy, creative space
- We laugh a lot
- And we'll never forget your birthday!
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top