Head of Segmentation
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Growth team creates long-term customers by helping people discover the value of Dropbox. We're responsible for understanding the end-to-end customer funnel in order to optimize opportunities and help users realize the full potential of our products. We are comprised of many teams across the company, including Product, Engineering and Design.
Segmentation is a pillar of the Growth and Monetization team. The Head of Segmentation is responsible for driving outcomes and results for the Dropbox Self-serve business. This role will lead the strategy and execution that produces maximum ARR or lifetime value for a given user within the Dropbox user base.
- Measure Effectiveness of Dropbox audiences by defining and monitoring operational metrics for team
- Drive strategy and outcomes for custom audiences that lead to desired action/outcome for users within these segments (example: Lifetime Value)
- Define high-value audiences and segments that will maximize ARR and/or Lifetime Value for partners (including Growth and Product)
- Influence product partners on platforms and capabilities needed to maximize targeting and execution
- Build a high-impact team by recruiting and onboarding top talent to expand your team and foster a "customer first" culture
- Manage the team's day-to day including meetings, resource planning, target setting, projects and cross-functional collaboration
- Build cross-functional relationships and processes with data science, analytics, product and engineering to drive initiatives
- Analyze and understand data, and utilize that understanding to make data driven, fact-based decisions
- Understand the customer by teaming up with user insights and product to build awesome experiences
- 8+ years experience delivering world class experiences in customer-facing organizations
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep understanding of targeting, defining audiences and segmentation
- Ability to interact effectively and build relationships with all levels of customer organization from C-level to end-users
- Proven record selecting, growing, promoting and retaining high caliber teams across growth or customer-facing functions
- Comfortable dealing with a global customer base and interacting in a multicultural environment
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top