Head of IT Strategy & Operations
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
IT&S delivers technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast and scale effortlessly for future growth. We are the accelerator to the Dropbox business engine. We think of our team as a future-focused city planner for the Dropbox neighborhoods. We'll help you source and implement the right technology solution, then fit it into exactly the right place so that everything flawlessly flows, integrates and performs.
Integral to the heartbeat of the IT&S team at Dropbox is their mission to enable Technology to support Strategy. The time has now come for an experienced and highly motivated Head of IT Strategic Operations to join the IT&S team reporting directly to the CIO to help bring that stated mission alive. This highly visible role will lead and drive strategic initiatives to increase IT&S organizational capability and efficiency. As a proven business manager and strategic leader in other IT organizations, our CIO's successful candidate will thrive in ambiguity, build strategic programs and lead change in order to grow a global business. You will be a highly organized, self-starter with executive presence, grace under pressure, and the ability to inspire others to greatness.
This leader will own four major areas:
IT&S Operational Rhythms and Programs
- Serve as the central point of the organization for the CIO, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of strategic operational rhythms that include and are not limited to: strategic planning process, monthly business operating reviews, organizational health scorecards and KPI's, OKR tracking and reporting, and leadership management meetings.
- Own the annual planning and budget preparation process, as well as executive roll-ups and briefs.
- Ensure the CIO and her leadership team are fully briefed and prepared for key deliverables and business activities, including research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reviews, board materials, monthly business reviews, and annual planning.
- Manage various IT programs and efforts, such as employee engagement plans, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, training and development programs, and IT&S brand.
- Closely partner with the CIO, her leadership team and business partners in creating the strategy and management of the business of IT.
- Own the strategy development and execution of workforce strategies to support the needs of our talent acquisition and our global business.
- Create and manage the communication strategy and content within IT&S and Dropbox globally to keep Dropboxers informed and create excitement on key initiatives and updates from the IT&S organization, including company and IT&S All Hands.
- Assist in the development of an external speaking presence, including strategies and content.
- With the Head of IT&S Risk and Governance as a direct report, and tight partnerships with our Data Protection Officer, head of Compliance and head of Security, you will: 1) grow and mature the risk and governance function that includes compliance to SOX, GDPR, and security controls as well as other company policies; 2) own the strategy and roadmap execution for key security and governance capabilities that will continue to increase our maturity and ensure we live up to our #1 value of Trust (i.e. robust Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cloud Access and Security Broker (CASB), Governance and Risk Compliance (GRC) tools).
- Lead the planning and readiness for external business ventures that may include integration of future mergers, acquisitions and deep partnerships.
- Participate as a key contributor to enterprise architecture and software governance practices.
- In close collaboration with the ITS leadership team, you will own the platform strategy and execution of a roadmap to deliver and operate an enterprise service management capability to serve the IT business and other shared services at Dropbox.
- Own the development, support and life cycle management of a core set of home grown tools used and loved by Dropboxers globally, as well as cross functional productivity tools.
- With an eye for increasing productivity and efficiency for all Dropboxers, you will evaluate the importance and the needs of many underutilized productivity tools and take ownership of the governance and support of these tools.
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience within the IT organization of a high-growth company in the technology sector. Management consulting experience is a plus, and an MBA is preferred but not required.
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including strong experiences in either leading or working closely with both IT risk and governance and security functions.
- Has successfully lead a function responsible for software development and support at the enterprise level, and leads through customer experience and design, supported by strong operational excellence.
- Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail.
- Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
- Ability to plan and organize with and through people is critical to success.
- Well-developed financial/quantitative analytical skills and superb written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
Back to top