Head of Internal Business Applications
The Head of Internal Business Applications is responsible for the architecture, design and operations of key cloud based business applications used by Dropboxers. You will collaborate with our HR, Finance, Legal, Communications and Information Technology and Services (ITS) teams on the applications strategy and building key capabilities and services to support these organizations. You understand how engineering organizations work and simplify and optimize their work day to day. You will own driving the internal business applications roadmap and managing the portfolio of projects. Reporting to the CIO, you will be actively involved in crafting and operationalizing the overall ITS strategy.
Dropbox has recently migrated from NetSuite to Oracle Fusion ERP, while continuing to maintain an additional rich set of financial applications and landscape. This is the beginning of a journey and there's lots to do in working with FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting and Engineering to continue to drive towards an efficient, compliant and scalable financial landscape. Your opportunity is to collaborate with your business partners in creating and executing the business roadmap, and putting in place the team and services to take us to the next phase of our financial systems. This includes how we holistically manage and optimize across many global process areas including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, Tax, FP&A, payroll and financial reporting.
Dropbox's People team has built a solid technology landscape to support their business needs and the fast growing organization. Our strategy is to work very closely with the People team to develop the vision of what "greatness" looks like in some of our key systems (Workday and Greenhouse) and hire-to-retire process of talent acquisition, people management, learning and development and total rewards. As the business partner for the People team you will also collaborate with the ITS BI and Data team on the evolution of the HR data marts, HR API (for downstream consumption), operational data stores and various reporting and dashboard solutions.
Optimizing for growth
Dropbox is growing in size and in geographies. With this growth comes the need to revisit how we share and publish information, enable more self-service offerings and optimize operational practices via a consistent and robust framework. These services are those that can touch all Dropboxers every day, 1) by engaging them with what's happening at Dropbox, 2) enabling with easy access to ITS services needed day to day and, 3) ensuring the availability, performance, scalability, security and compliance of the internal business systems.
There's exciting work to do and we have a great team in place. Being successful will require you to attract and retain critical team capabilities and recommend how we organize ourselves through full time Dropboxers, professional services and other support models to achieve the best results. You will also develop and build career paths with the team.
- Successful track record of high impact contributions in building and scaling internal systems for Finance and HR applications in a high growth organization, preferably in a technology company. Additional experience with Legal, Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Service Management and other internal applications preferred.
- Experience with Oracle financials and Workday.
- Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management and ability to effectively influence across business, IT and engineering teams and championing thought leadership and innovation as business a partner.
- Excels at building, managing and balancing a dynamic portfolio of business and IT projects and programs.
- You are a fast-paced solution-focused "driver" of results in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- You foster a strong customer service mind-set.
- Experience with design thinking, using prototyping and testing to solve human or business problems through creative experimentation.
- 5+ years of experience building, developing and growing teams and leaders and at least 10 years of domain experience.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top