Head of Data Science, Growth
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
Dropbox is looking to become the industry leader in Data Science-driven sales. We are looking for a Senior Manager to help build and manage a team of Data Scientists, who will partner closely with revenue growth, sales and marketing teams. The Revenue Data Science team will deliver analytics and tools to drive revenue by combining the rich internal data across 500M+ Dropbox users and external data on buying patterns of prospects and customers.
- Experience building and managing a team of talented data scientists to deliver impact.
- Instrumentation of propensity modeling: query and process big data: integrate volumes of data from multiple internal and external sources and into Dropbox's systems of record
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques
- Leverage models to address key growth challenges such as cross-channel spend allocation, response modeling, advertising partner quality measurement, customized content
- Partner closely with revenue growth, sales and marketing teams, develop internal and external data sources to be used in propensity modeling and predictive analytics.
- Conceptualize, design and build data-fueled insights to help Dropbox improve analytics for prospects and customers.
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insight that provides performance improvement.
- Master's degree or higher in computer science, applied statistics, economics, etc.
- 8+ years experience in management consulting, B2B software (ideally SaaS) or a high-growth technology firm
- 2+ years experience as people manager
- Experience working with very large semi-structured data sets and integrating them into systems of record
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- Highly detailed-oriented and exceptional organizational and follow-through skills a must
- Strong data-oriented scripting (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., R or python)
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent at planning and project management - ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and prevent last minute fire drills
- Strong desire to take initiative; thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top