Head of Customer Experience - Technology
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers' journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
Our CX Technology team is responsible for the vision and the execution of the technologies that fuel CX. The team is composed of IT professionals including software engineers, system administrators, and technical program managers who blend a passion for technology with a deep desire to make a business impact all while creating wonderful customer experiences. Collectively, this team forms the critical spearpoint for achieving CX excellence at scale through technology.
The Head of CX Technology leads this team, and fills a key position in our CX Leadership Team. The role is responsible for accelerating IT innovation in close partnership with CX business leaders and cross-functional partners across Dropbox. This role will have the opportunity to engage in both high-level strategic decisions and operational planning and execution with team members and partners about how to translate vision to reality.
- Build, refine, and articulate our CX technology strategy and exercise influence to align business leaders to it
- Identify, prioritize, operationalize and deliver projects, aligned to the strategy, which maximize business value
- Define and implement an experimentation strategy for rapid technology testing and iteration
- Lead conversations with within CX and Dropbox on advanced and emerging technologies that will significantly advance CX goals
- Ensure that what is agreed and committed is delivered to a high-standard and high reliability with diligent project management and communications throughout
- Relish the details - must manage multiple projects at once and be able to credibly represent the function
- Forward plan on a 36 month time horizon for CX technology strategy and hiring priorities for your team to be successful in executing that strategy
- Coach, develop, and compassionately manage all members of the CX Technology team
- Inspire both the team and the broader CX organization on the potential for organizational transformation through technology
- Manage vendors and cross-functional technology partners across Dropbox to achieve CX goals
- Participate in broader CX long-term planning and business management as a key functional leader
- 8+ years experience developing, leading, and inspiring IT teams including engineering, system admin, and technical project management resources
- Track record of developing complex customer-oriented projects with cross-functional partners
- History of success driving rapid delivery and accelerating time-to-value
- Strong ability to understand and communicate potential and pitfalls of new technologies
- Strong working knowledge of major CRM systems such as Zendesk and Salesforce
- Proven ability to craft and drive creative solutions with cross-functional partners especially in an engineering and product environment
- Communication is key for this role - must have excellent communication and influencing skills
- Cultural alignment will be an important element in the leader's success:
- This is a global role managing teams and stakeholders in Europe and the US. Some travel (approx 20%) required.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will K.Staff Engineer
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top