Head of Compensation
Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there's a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they're happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
We're looking for a global compensation leader to join our Total Rewards Team working closely with the Global Head of Total Rewards. We collaborate with internal business leaders across our teams to develop compelling compensation programs and resolve issues through the use of creative and strategic direction. In this role, you will help lead and further develop a global team of compensation partners and analysts.
- You will help drive Dropbox's compensation philosophy, design and programs for all teams and regions
- You will research best practices and trends and perform deep analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs and present to management findings and alternative solutions that are cost effective and consistent with the market and Dropbox's philosophy
- You will craft short/long-term retention strategies and compelling offers to secure top talent
- You will manage a team that is responsible for collecting and analyzing market data and maintaining salary survey data
- You will help define our competitive position of salary and long-term incentive range structure; help develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in pay plans
- You will accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and collaborate HR business partners, managers and staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations
- You will create and distribute compensation related materials
- You will grow and develop our top performing global compensation team
- You will support effective compensation governance across Dropbox teams
- You will work with the recruiting team to deliver a delightful new hire process including new hire offer packages alignment to market and internal peers by applying Dropbox compensation policies in fair and equitable ways.
- BA/BS in quantitative-focused major
- 10+ years of experience in-house or advising, preferably for the technology industry or compensation consulting firm
- Solid eye for business and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, his/her peers, and the broader employee population
- Excellent excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Able to influence all levels of partners, and strong change management skills
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top