Head of Business Intelligence and Data
As the Head of Business Intelligence and Data, you will be responsible for establishing and leading an enterprise wide set of practices, programs and services to 1) enable the delivery of strategic business metrics and insights, 2) build a data community and culture that empowers all Dropboxers to create and access reliable data and insights, 3) scale and evolve the enterprise data integrations, data stores and related systems services. You will report to the CIO and will be actively involved in crafting and operationalizing the overall Information Technology and Services strategic plan.
Data Governance - As a fast growing company, data and analytics are increasingly complex and important. We have lots of data and extremely smart data engineers, analysts and data scientists here at Dropbox. Your opportunity is to closely collaborate with key partners and establish standard methodologies for creation, storage and publishing of data, metrics, and analytics, as well as data flows and data transformations between systems at Dropbox. This includes data integrity, availability, quality, security, and the necessary controls.
Capability Architecture - Over the years, many tools and systems have emerged in response to the increasing importance of data to run day to day operations and decision-making at Dropbox. You will partner with the data community and leaders across the organization to design purposeful architectures and roadmaps. Through technology and process, you will enable increased team autonomy, and scale development, management and accessibility to key data, insights and metrics. There is a need for some centralization and those components will be necessary to deliver 1) key critical analytic and visualization capabilities that the organization can benefit from, 2) platforms to produce insights and metrics as an option to teams building their own data pipelines, data stores, visualizations and publishing services and, 3) evolution and scaling of the data integrations services.
Data Community - To ensure the health of our data, insights and metrics, you will form a data community across Dropbox whose purpose will be to serve as stewards of data throughout it's life cycle. This community will be accountable for compliance to the data governance standards, the training and development of other data practitioners and contributions to mature and improve data governance. You will own setting up the programs necessary to build and nurture the data community at Dropbox.
Data Programs - Establishment of the new data governance, data architecture and community requires thoughtful and persisting programs to support them. The data programs will also include the work to stand up centralized components of Business Intelligence and data services systems for Dropbox.
Building teams - There's exciting work to do and we have a great team in place. Being successful will require you to attract and retain critical team capabilities and recommend how we organize ourselves to achieve the best results. You will also develop and build career paths with the team.
- Successful track record of high impact contributions in scaling business intelligence, data integrations, data management and governance in a hybrid (centralized / decentralized) model, preferably in a technology company using SaaS and other cloud technologies.
- Experience as a data architect, engineer or team leader of data architects and engineers.
- Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management and demonstrated ability to gain trust, have constructive debates and effectively influence individual contributors and senior leaders across business units, IT and engineering teams.
- Excel at building, managing and balancing a dynamic portfolio of business and IT projects and programs.
- Experience with design thinking, using prototyping and testing to solve human or business problems through creative experimentation.
- 5+ years of experience building, developing and growing teams and leaders and at least 10 years of domain experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top