Head of Brand, Content, and Corporate Marketing
If you are a world-class brand marketing thinker and leader, Dropbox would love to talk you. We are at an exciting, pivotal moment in our fast growing history and are searching for a brand marketing leader to help us tell the uniquely compelling story of Dropbox, to think big about what we aspire to become, to dive deeply into what makes us special to the over half a billion people currently registered to use our products, and to emerge with brand propositions that shake the market. This is a transformative role for an experienced story teller who thrives on inspiring change.
Reporting directly to the CMO, Dropbox's Head of Brand Marketing will be a steward of our company's brand - helping to evolve and define it, bringing our beliefs and values to life, story-telling in a way that breaks through the industry clutter, and evangelizing and driving the expression of our brand across all aspects of the company. We're looking for someone who takes the time to understand the market, our target audience, and what makes us special, and can lead the way with ground-breaking creativity, operational rigor, and independent thinking. We need a deeply collaborative leader who can create powerful and strategic campaigns, in close partnership with our marketing, product, design, and communications teams -- across inbound and outbound channels.
You will focus on brand building, awareness, content generation, and innovation, and be able to demonstrate how you've lead teams and initiatives and transformed and operationalized a brand in past positions. Responsibilities include development of strategic positioning based on internal and external research, go to market planning, corporate marketing, and the development of a consistent, high velocity content engine. We're seeking someone with the perfect combination of creative and strategic horsepower, while also knowing how to connect directly into business growth objectives.
- Brand steward - the ground zero for company positioning, brand proposition, personality, voice, and execution across all touch points.
- With the corporate marketing team, build out a content engine that can significantly increase the quality and velocity of messaging available to tell the Dropbox story.
- With input from across channels - define and refine Dropbox's brand proposition to the sharpest point for impact in the marketplace
- Be an expert on Dropbox's audiences - why they buy, what they care about, how they view the world, what prompts them to act. Represent from an 'outside-in' perspective how all touchpoints should line up to deliver brand value with clarity.
- Develop our messaging in collaboration with the Design and Product Marketing teams.
- Partner closely with the Brand Design team on visual design - bringing insight to the establishment of our design framework, educating marketers and other content creators on consistency and vision.
- Manage corporate brand and positioning agencies as needed.
- Manage internal and external creative resources across events, advertising, and other creative expressions.
- Provide insight on cornerstone marketing assets such as corporate videos, customer testimonials, and awareness programs.
- Communicate positioning/creative strategies across organization from our executive Staff to single-contributors across functions and around the globe.
- Become proficient in Dropbox's technology and elevate it for brand-building. Use what we offer to drive brand/awareness efforts.
- 10+ years in brand marketing and/or agency positions, namely brand management in top digital and/or brand agencies, account planning, brand strategy, creative services, and/or corporate brand management.
- Demonstrated digital marketing expertise.
- Successful management experience - authority at building and leading a team, as well as influencing teams and partners across the company.
- Experienced at overseeing brand agencies with successful delivery of campaigns, frameworks and other brand assets.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, digital brand development in a B2B environment (design, messaging)
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills; with direct past experience in writing and briefing creative teams
- Deep connection to local brand/agency community and people resources with a consistent record delivering high world class creative
- Seasoned leader with demonstrated experience in building strategic creative plans.
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves, style - ability to actively build and evangelize work in an environment that is not always linear in its approach.
- Strong presentation abilities as a means to build consensus around strategic objectives and project plans
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top