Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
We are looking for an experienced server hardware developer who can engage with our hardware technology vendors, partner with our internal customers to resolve our pain points & needs, and define & lead future hardware designs that will help scale our Dropbox Production Infrastructure that brings the best value to Dropbox users.
The HW Technologist Engineer role at Dropbox is a leadership role on Dropbox Hardware team!
You will play a critical role in defining and developing future server architectures that will enable us grow our infrastructure more efficiently and reliably.
- Be the domain expert in server hardware; Participate in setting the company strategy around future hardware, talk about Dropbox hardware internally and externally, mentor junior engineers and help grow the next "hardware expert"
- Scope and provide deep analyses on next generation hardware technologies to satisfy our growth and technical requirements
- Expert in reading, understanding and applying hardware technical data sheets, block diagrams, schematics, layouts, specifications and standards
- Build proof of concepts, define benchmarks, run tests and constantly able to develop prototypes to address performance/TCO/reliability issues
- Work cross-functionally to define & design next generation servers that will meet our reqs and delivers step-function improvement to our infrastructure's TCO, reliability or performance
- Proficient in solving complex hardware problems and driving root cause analysis with minimal guidance
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of server hardware industry experience
- Solid understanding of X86 server architecture and server sub-systems
- Experience in server design process, from conception to production
- Experience in working with different type of vendors; commodity vendors and ODMs
- Experience with server embedded firmwares / systems; bios and bmc
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Exceptional ability in debugging designs and complex hardware bugs
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top