- San Francisco, CA
Thank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Tech Operations team scales security and reliability for our fast growing user base. This includes managing our network, hardware, and data centers, as well as creating the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
We are looking for an experienced storage engineer with knowledge of storage architecture (including device, node, rack, and cluster architecture). Dropbox is seeking an engineer with design and development experience, who can work with hardware and software design and validation teams.
- Design and integrate storage products into Dropbox infrastructure
- Validate new SMR and CMR products in storage solutions for production release
- Validate sub-systems and components for storage servers, including HBAs, NICs, CMR, SMR, Flash, and CPUs
- Troubleshooting for HW and SW issues related with storage products
- Provide leadership and mentorship in a collaborative team environment
- Interact with the Engineering Manager, Team Lead, site staff and attend regularly scheduled internal meetings
- Provide technical leadership for reliability testing during HHD program development phases in a server storage design
- Undergraduate BSEE or BSCE
- 10+ years industry experience in development for storage products
- Experience with zoned storage and zoned block devices (SMR/ZNS)
- Experience with CMR, SMR, and Dual-Actuator Hard Drive technologies
- Experience with SAS/SCSI and PCIe protocol
- Experience with the storage data path from file system, driver, HBA, expander to storage device
- Experience with storage reliability test methodology (such as RDT and design margin testing)
- Advanced experience and skill with SAS / SATA / NVMe protocols and analyzers
- Experience working with ODM/OEMs in designing and validating Storage products
- Experience writing and reviewing storage hardware requirements documents
- Experience writing and reviewing storage validation and test specifications
- Experience with qualification of storage media including SATA HDDs and NVMe
- Experience with troubleshooting of storage components' firmware problems and working with Server System BIOS and BMC firmware engineers
- Experience profiling high drive count storage sub-systems
- Experience with Linux operating systems, filesystems, data protection algorithms, libraries for CMR/SMR drives.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top