Group Product Manager - Sharing
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
In this role, you will define the future of collaboration for the millions of teams and hundreds of millions of users who use Dropbox today. Your work will shape the core of our product for teams - providing an organized place for teams to work - and for anyone who uses Dropbox to collaborate on content. Our aspiration is to enable sharing with ease and confidence, at any time, from anywhere, with the right audience - to make Dropbox the place where people can produce their best work.
As Group Product Manager leading Dropbox's sharing teams, you will be focused on crafting these critical experiences to share and organize content. You will be responsible for setting direction, driving the multi-year strategy, and assessing business impact, as well as hiring, managing and growing junior and senior PM's who work on specific feature areas. You'll be working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers, engineers, designers and marketers across various teams and functions.
You will have significant strategic impact and will be uniquely positioned and empowered to make a huge impact on the value Dropbox can provide to all types of users. The team is dedicated to making our critical sharing and team collaboration experiences simple, reliable, trustworthy, and valuable.
- Drive Dropbox's multi-year strategy for sharing and teams, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Grow and support a talented team of PM's who take pride in building high-quality high-impact products, embody Dropbox's values, and have fun together
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area, making tradeoffs given product and business exigencies. Manage complex projects across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, analytics, and growth to ship new, impactful features that accelerate rapid experimentation.
- Be a champion of Dropbox's users. Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Partner with marketing and PR to share the impact of the team's work with the world
- 7+ years of experience building great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, tradeoffs, and timelines.
- Deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Proven leadership managing and growing a team of PM direct reports, including performance management. Experience with formal review cycles is a nice to have.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Ability to define long-term business strategy, and drive impact on short-term product goals
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication; ability to achieve clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will K.Staff Engineer
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top