Group Product Manager - Application Platform
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
Your role and impact
As Group Product Manager leading the Application Platform PM team, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving the multi-year strategy as well as hiring, managing and growing junior and senior PMs who work with the individual platform teams. The Application Platform team is responsible for the application and UI frameworks that every Dropbox developer uses to build incredible experiences. The team is dedicated to making it simple to develop and deliver reliable and high quality products to our end users on web, mobile, and desktop platforms.
You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for the architecture, developer experience, monitoring, and testing across web, mobile and desktop. Your team's work will range from low-level abstractions to make development easier, release processes and gating to empower product teams to experiment, advanced binary installers and updaters, to common UX experiences and UI components that enable teams to build beautiful and consistent experiences. You'll be working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers, engineers and designers from across teams and functions.
- Drive Dropbox's multi-year platform strategy across Mobile, Desktop, Web, Design Systems, and Internationalization, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Grow and support a talented team or PMs who embody Dropbox's values, have fun together, and take pride in building wonderful products
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area - in close partnership with Platform engineering and design driving tradeoffs given product and business exigencies
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across Product, Product Engineering, Customer Support, and Sales to deeply understand and address platform needs
- Be a champion of Dropbox's users, especially in areas where platform decisions can have material user impact
- Partner with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team's work with the world
- 7+ years of experience building great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, tradeoffs and timelines.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Proven experience launching multiple successful products, preferably on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux and/or web)
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to craft clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Proven leadership managing and growing a team of direct reports, including performance management. Experience with formal review cycles is a nice to have.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Back to top