Global Head of Total Rewards
The Global Head of Total Rewards is a senior, global leader within the People Team, working closely with several members of the executive leadership team, including the compensation committee members and other internal business leaders in multiple functions to ensure that the planning, design, oversight and governance of plans meet strategic objectives. He or she will lead and further develop a global team of compensation and benefits specialists and analysts.
- Drive Dropbox's compensation and benefits philosophy, design and programs for all functions and regions.
- Partner with the head of HR, Company Leadership and the Board to manage, advise and resolve compensation programs and issues through the use of creative and strategic guidance
- Research best practices and trends and perform deep analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing compensation and benefit programs and present to management and the board findings and alternative solutions that are cost effective and consistent with market data and Dropbox's Comp, Benefits and Perks Philosophy
- Create short / long-term retention strategies and creating compelling offers to secure top talent
- Advise as part of organizational design and succession planning, partnering with the Talent and HRBP teams
- Develop and administer various compensation programs including annual salary planning process STI/LTI plans
- Lead the team to perform job evaluations, conduct market surveys; collect and analyze market data and maintain salary survey data; maintain and update position descriptions; determine competitive position of Dropbox's salary and LTI range structure
- Develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in pay plans
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HR business partners, managers and staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations, and job descriptions
- Develop and distribute compensation related materials for executive management and the Compensation Committee.
- Work closely with benefit brokers for annual benefit renewal, market competitive data benefit trends
- Lead global or functional executive and total rewards projects, or initiatives as required
- Lead and develop a top performing global compensation and benefits team
You need a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in compensation or finance with an in depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and standard methodologies and the benefits and linking all programs to the company's vision and growth strategy. You should be energized by challenge, be forward thinking and creative, credible and dedicated to producing high quality work. A strategic leader with sound technical skills, analytical ability, and good judgment. In addition, you should have the following experience/qualifications:
- Served as the head of compensation for a dynamic, high growth company of similar size, or as a second-in-command in a larger company.
- Experience crafting company-wide plans and ensuring correlation with a company's growth strategy.
- Experience with designing and administering global compensation, incentive and benefit plans for both employees and executives; In-depth knowledge of base, bonus / incentive and stock programs and designs. Experience crafting and leading global sales compensation and incentive plans.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to define and solve problems quickly, while maintaining the focus on the bigger picture. High degree of comfort providing financial analysis including economic analysis, cost/benefit analysis, etc.
- Experience working for a publicly traded organization; Compensation Committee of a Board experience a plus.
- Track record of building and managing strong compensation and benefits teams.
- Solid business insight and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, his/her peers in human resources, and the broader employee population.
- Strong influencing skills; assertive without being antagonistic or alienating; ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture.
- Experience designing systems that utilize metrics and analytics to drive business decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly and comfortably.
- Ability to communicate strategies, plans and policies accurately and simply.
An undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top