Engineering Manager, Security
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox Safety and Abuse Security Team owns a wide range of systems and services to detect and mitigate any activity or content related abuse of Dropbox platform. Our mission is to make Dropbox the safest and most trustworthy content collaboration platform for its users and non-users.
Some of the areas that we own are Account takeover, SPAM, Phishing, Malware, Content Safety and Legal tooling. The team owns many systems in each of these areas.
There are a lot of interesting challenges ranging from devising ingenious solutions for blocking SPAM and preventing account takeover; architecting secure, reliable and scalable systems for identifying illegal and malicious content on Dropbox to collaborating with product teams to ensure we ship new features with the right guardrails for preventing any potential abuse.
Excessive abuse of our content collaboration features represent an existential threat to the company and thus is critical to the success of Dropbox. The role has visibility across all of engineering, staff, legal, marketing, policy etc. This role is key to achieving our 3 year perception goal.
- You will work closely with Dropbox's IT and Services organization, as well the Enterprise Infrastructure Security and Production Infrastructure Security teams to ensure robust tooling is present everywhere it needs to be
- You will keep tabs on changes in the security industry, changes in attacker behavior and changes in the threat landscape, deploy appropriate new detection, alerting and response capabilities
- You will regularly assess and test Dropbox's capability to detect and respond to attacks
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of total security experience, including 2+ years with direct management responsibility for a security team
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company's security posture
- Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution
- Strong on analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints
- Ability to mentor team members on having the highest possible impact
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top