Engineering Manager- Seattle
Dropbox simplifies the way people work together. Hundreds of millions of people around the world use Dropbox to work the way they want, on any device, wherever they go. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people globally.
Our engineering teams at Dropbox are building a family of products to simplify the way people work together, removing the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so that people can get back to living and doing their best work. Our service handles more than a billion file uploads every single day, yet is reliable and delightfully simple to use. We are guided by common values of trustworthiness, aiming higher, sweating the details, 'we-not-I' and 'cupcake' (delight).
Dropbox Seattle is a tiny but rapidly expanding engineering office currently working across Android, desktop, payments, and photos. As an early member of Dropbox Seattle Engineering, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical product features and infrastructure while shaping the direction of the team and the office. Find out how you can help below.
Your role and impact
You'll lead a team of 5–10 engineers. You'll work closely with your team, product managers, designers, QA engineers and other engineering teams to bring our products and infrastructure services to life.
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- Management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. Groups like Women at Dropbox, [email protected], Black Dropboxers, and Pridebox (for LGBTQ employees and allies) are a big part of that effort.
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top