Engineering Manager, Production Security
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox Production Security Team is responsible for building and shipping secure products and infrastructure for over half a billion people around the world. We build systems, frameworks, and libraries to eliminate root causes of security problems and make it easier for other Dropbox engineers to do their best work. We also partner with and consult with other Dropbox engineers to build in security into their products and infra from the ground up.
This engineering manager will lead a focus area (sub team) within Production Security. Production Security has visibility across all of engineering and product, and this is key to ensuring the success of Dropbox's products and services.
- You will lead a group of world class security engineers.
- You will operate a robust, exceptional security consulting capability that enables fast, secure development.
- You will build systems, libraries, and frameworks that are secure-by-default and prevent entire classes of security bugs.
- You will work closely with stakeholders in our infra and product engineering organizations to identify, align on, and address root causes of security risk.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 6+ years of total security experience, including 2+ years with direct management responsibility for a security team.
- Specific deep security experience in the product, application, or infra security.
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company's security posture
- Willingness to dive in to problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution.
- Strong analytical capabilities to optimize solutions in a space with a lot of complex moving pieces, variables and constraints.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top