Engineering Manager, Payments
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The CASH team's mission is to help individuals and teams discover, understand and get value from Dropbox so that they become long-term, happy paying customers. A stable and reliable payments systems is at the very core of this mission. As Dropbox continues to grow its business, value can be found by making it easier for our customers to pay us in a way that works for them, and for that process to work flawlessly.
You'll lead a team of 9 engineers and grow the team to 12 by the end of the year. You'll work closely with your team, product managers, designers, QA engineers and other engineering teams to expand our accepted payment methods into new countries, develop advanced collections strategies to reduce unintended billing churn.
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- You will have a high degree of responsibility and direct impact on the business
- 3+ years of management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience building billing / payments systems
- Experience with customer fraud
- Experience building Backend Systems and leading team of backend engineers
- Experience partnering with data analytics teams
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top