Engineering Manager, Machine Learning
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
You'll lead a talented and diverse team of ~10 ML engineers, data scientists and software engineers. As part of the leadership team, you'll work with your team and peers across the company on a variety of cross-functional, high-impact projects. As Head of Machine Learning, you'll also own all ML-specific people processes (hiring, career growth, performance), as well as help steward a healthy ML community across Dropbox.
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You'll ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You'll set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- You will be responsible for all talent aspects of Machine Learning, working closely with recruiting, leadership and HRBPs to update processes as needed
- You will participate in broader "Intelligence" related efforts at Dropbox
- You will help foster and nurture a healthy, vibrant "ML community" at Dropbox
- 3+ years of management experience with Machine Learning teams. Experience building and growing ML teams.
- Experience as IC or EM building Machine Learning applications
- Strong technical grasp of the rapidly shifting AI/ML landscape
- Keen understanding of different profiles in this space (e.g. research scientist, data scientist, ML engineer etc)
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top