Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Our Dropbox Infrastructure Engineering team is passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write great software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create an enduring culture. Building elegant products begins with lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship reliable code that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're bold when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel.
In leading one of our infrastructure teams, you'll enable our end-users with highly efficient core services and scaling reliably to meet the needs of the product. You will manage a team of 5-10 engineers and work closely with product managers, QA engineers and other engineering teams to deliver industry leading scale and infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You will foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of management experience with an engineering team
- Experience and maturity in running critical systems
- Prior experience working within development infrastructure
- Experience with operational systems and production network/physical hardware a plus
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top