Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox team is growing, and we're looking for engineering managers to support this growth. In this role, you'll lead a team of 5 - 10 engineers, working closely with your direct reports, product managers, designers, QA engineers, and other engineering teams to build the future of Dropbox. Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in defining the product, and discipline in how we develop. You'll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You will develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Will K.Staff Engineer
Will operates as the tech lead for a soon-to-be-released initiative and other special Dropbox projects. He also pushes for modern best practices for client application development on Mac and iOS.
Back to top