Director, Security, Incident Response and Intelligence
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Director of Security, Incident Response and Intelligence has responsibility for the strategy, technology, execution and operations of all detection and response, threat intelligence and offensive security for Dropbox. The role is critical for Dropbox to be able to respond to the continuously expanding array of threats which affect the organization.
This role will have company-wide scope, including our corporate infrastructure, production infrastructure, products, people, and in the case of the Offsec team, also including our offices. The team will have to work closely with the rest of the security team to deliver a world-class ability to detect and respond to threats as they affect the company or its users, proactive threat intelligence that allows security to modify our controls in advance of adversaries, and to test all of the security controls at Dropbox to ensure they are effective. The team will also need to work with teams across Dropbox to deeply understand business and technology context in order to rapidly respond to emerging threats to the company and provide training and processes for Dropboxers at all levels.
- Evolving a world-class Detection and Response Function
- Building a Proactive Threat Intelligence Function
- Advancing our Offensive Security
Skills and Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Experience leading technical teams in a technology company
Our teams are engineers, love exploring new technologies and innovating, and thrive in a world of generative work. You are well-prepared to balance the need to gather feedback while still knowing when to close debate and drive forward. You personally thrive in ambiguity and are constantly on the hunt for impact you and your teams can create.
- Success in scaling capabilities and services in a fast growth environment
- Proven track record of leading and developing technical talent
- 12+ years of experience with significant background in Incident Detection and Response and Engineering.
- 5+ years leadership experience.
- Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management, negotiating competing priorities and demonstrated ability to gain trust, have constructive debates and effectively influence.
- Ability to manage and lead change within a team and the organization.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Constance D.Software Engineer
Constance builds Dropbox’s channel platform for reseller partners, which enables Dropbox to expand to users and businesses in new regions. She has also contributed to several monetization platform launches, including chargeback automation and Dropbox Education.
Back to top