Director, Real Estate and Workplace Services
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Office team is responsible for creating the unique Dropbox environment in our growing offices around the world. From San Francisco to Sydney, our office team locates, designs, and maintains our global campuses. Meanwhile, the Tuck Shop crew raises the culinary bar with every meal.
The Director of Real Estate and Workplace Services will lead Dropbox's global Real Estate, Office/Facilities and Events teams. This role is responsible for strategy and ensuring successful cross-functional execution across various internal teams and site leads as we work to deliver delightful experiences for all Dropboxers. You will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment with passionate team members who are focused on quality and execution.Over the coming years you will be responsible for the successful delivery of our new global headquarters in San Francisco, growing and scaling our team and strategically building a global real estate portfolio.
- You will lead Dropbox's global real estate and workplace services strategy and execution, including global office site evaluations, space planning, construction, facilities maintenance, internal events and physical security.
- You will develop and implement long term strategies to continually improve and scale our offices globally while delivering delight to Dropboxers.
- You will own internal business partner relationships focused on collaboration, strategy, problem solving and communications to ensure an extraordinary operational execution and a well-informed Dropboxer population globally.
- You will drive Dropbox's office services to add meaningful value to the Dropbox experience for all employees. You will leverage our workspace and amenities skillfully to develop a delightful employee experience.
- 15+ years of experience in strategic and operational facilities management, real estate, and workplace services experience, including experience working in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills. You are a creative thinker and have a problem solving approach.
- Excellent track record of establishing relationships, influencing and negotiating competing priorities among business partners. You can develop and deliver concise and simple written and verbal comms to cross functional stakeholders and executives.
- Proven real estate portfolio management including transactions management, facilities management, and/or workplace management. This position will work with multiple business functions across North America, EMEA, and APAC to develop and execute the REWS strategy realizing an efficient total cost of ownership.
- Experience in a fast-growing company with operations across the globe. You can drive multiple complex issues and challenges forward at a time, in such an environment. Strong time management with experience working globally across challenging time zones.
- Experience and skills in managing a variety of real estate investments - owned and leased space as well as leading corporate services functions to ensure efficient, safe and effective operations of all facilities globally.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate market, corporate real estate leasing and maintenance construction issues. Excellent grasp of real estate and facilities financial concepts, financial analysis, budget formulation, and business case development.
- Prompt and skilled communicator. You have strong people management skills, and experience leading global teams across multiple countries and regions. Ability to build and nurture meaningful cross functional relationships across sites.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top