Director, Product Management, Paper
Product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. We're responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high quality products and features that solve important customer needs on time. As advocates for both our users and our business, the best product managers balance diverse perspectives and empower their teams to do great work.
As Director of Product Management for Dropbox Paper, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving growth of Dropbox's most exciting new product surface. You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for the ultimate success of Paper across a growing Dropbox customer base of 100s of millions of users and millions of businesses. You will do this together with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers and leaders from across functions. As a leader, you will lead and inspire a team of 4 product managers with the expectation of building the team as the business flourishes to an additional headcount of 4.
In this role, you will work closely with all of Dropbox - working together to bring users into Dropbox and help them accelerate the work that matters most, wherever they are, and from any device. In pursuing this mission, your team will continue to launch creative new functionality within Paper, experiment and iterate on numerous growth surfaces to reach, activate and retain new users and their organizations, while driving deep connection to the rest of Dropbox in unified Content-Based Collaboration workflows.
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area - in close partnership with engineering and design - to invent and ship delightful products that help people work better together
- Advance Dropbox's strategy in content creation and collaboration, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Collaborate closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs
- Partner with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team's work with the world
- Lead the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team that embodies Dropbox's values, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- Run the career path and goals of your staff, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback.
- Provide product leadership and mentorship to both your team members and your project peers.
- Strategically grow a business: demonstrated ability to take a product/business through finding product/market fit to scale: e.g. either CEO/Head-of-Product for a startup that virally grew adoption, or as a Leader who grew a new product in a larger business; validated willingness to push the perceived limits, be scrappy, and think big
- Leadership + Partnership: both rallying and driving a team and effectively operating within a larger org - ought to have shown strong ability to drive execution in complex environments
- Role model: the ideal head of product management ideally will be a strong fit with Dropbox culture and values
- Product craft: trusted to help the team build a great product users will love
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Meet Some of Dropbox's Employees
Billing & Payments Platform
This team is responsible for building, scaling, and enhancing the infrastructure that drives Dropbox’s business. Global payment processing, building APIs for partners, and ensuring that Dropbox’s financial systems run smoothly are some of the team's main goals.
Back to top