Director of Product Analytics - Dropbox for Work
- San Francisco, CA
Thank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world's first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we're on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
In this role, you will lead and grow a team of Product Analysts who use data to enable better decision making for the Dropbox for Work product organization, a group focused on powering effective collaboration in work teams of all sizes. You'll act as one of the most senior analytics leaders at Dropbox, and will work alongside product, engineering, design, marketing and research executives to advise on the company's most important quantitative projects and achieve its most strategic business goals, as well as partner with the SMB organization to create and execute a quantitative monetization strategy tied to our products. To do this, you'll align key analytics projects for you and your team with business objectives, and communicate your insights broadly across multiple leadership teams. You'll also have the unique opportunity to define what analytics means at Dropbox by influencing groups across the company to better understand how they can leverage data to achieve their most ambitious goals, leading by example.
- Drive improvements in user engagement and other key metrics with Dropbox's core products using data-driven techniques
- Work to develop a product metrics model for your area of the product and continue to refine it through analysis, experimentation and research partnership
- Ensure active collaboration between your team and product, engineering and design teams to measure the impact of product launches, including validating logging, defining success metrics, aligning on experimental approaches and communicating metrics impact
- Leverage data and analytics to proactively identify opportunity areas
- Partner with other analytics teams across the company to develop a common quantitative perspective on how we understand our products
- Coach, mentor and help set strategy for Product Analysts to drive even more impact for the team
- 10+ years experience performing data-driven product analysis in a tech company
- 3+ years directly managing data scientists, quantitative researchers or product analysts
- BS/BA in Math, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- Proven ability to directly lead product analysts/data scientists and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Proven track record of driving directly measurable product or business impact
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top