Director, Corporate FP&A
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
As the Director of Corporate FP&A, you will bring thought leadership and business partnering to senior executives in the Finance organization. This leader will drive value with a particular focus on leading the Company's annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes, as well as supporting a wide range of management reporting, strategic analysis and decision-making for the group. You'll have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to derive deep, data-driven insights that will help us realize those goals. Over the coming years, you will be responsible for leading the efforts to scale our FP&A processes as we grow and face increasing business complexity.
- You will lead Dropbox's Corporate FP&A function, as well as the G&A and R&D FP&A teams.
- You will play a leadership role in our finance transformation effort & help us build a world-class FP&A organization.
- You will build and lead a high-performing team by setting goals and helping people succeed in their careers.
- You will be responsible for the Company financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Equity), including forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning.
- You will lead the monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasting, planning processes and reporting cycle.
- You will develop a best-in-class annual and long-term business planning process. Ensure alignment between business partners and FP&A. Includes developing policies, process, timelines, cadence, tools, and communication.
- You will be responsible for quarterly management and Board reporting, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy as well as highlighting key business insights.
- You will provide support for Investor Relations and Earnings Call preparation.
- You will lead business intelligence, reporting and planning tool initiatives.
- You will build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with senior leadership.
- You will bring new thinking and ways of doing things to the function, as appropriate, including analyzing and pushing new metrics and performance indicators to help identify trends.
- You will continually improve processes, lead change and elevate the level of reporting and analysis generated by the Corporate FP&A team.
- You will provide ad-hoc analysis and lead various other reporting projects including decision support, metrics and analytics.
- You will lead a team of analysts supporting the G&A and R&D organizations.
- You will collaborate with the R&D and G&A organizations to develop monthly forecasts and ensure spending in accordance with budgets.
- You will build deep business partner relationships across the organization to drive cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- You will prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, and communicating business insights to senior leadership.
- 10-15 years of progressive finance experience at a leading software company. Corporate FP&A experience is a requirement, and a background in SaaS strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading FP&A teams supporting the G&A and R&D functions.
- Process-oriented with a strong sense of affinity with the rapid pace of a growing. You will build and manage a high-performing team by setting goals and helping people succeed in their careers.
- Extensive experience partnering with senior leadership both in Finance and cross-functionally. You have strong influencing skills; assertive without being antagonistic or alienating; ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly.
- You are energized by a challenge, are forward-thinking, credible and dedicated to producing high quality work.
- You have demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. You have advanced Excel skills and systems experience such as Tableau, Planning Systems (Hyperion) and Oracle Financials is highly desirable.
- You have an undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline. MBA preferred. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus.
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks(technology and other relevant professional topics)
Back to top